Looking to the Future
To prepare for Eppley Airfield’s future growth, the roadway leading to the Terminal and the South Garage need to be modernized and expanded. Taking care of these projects now will prepare OMA for the future.
Benefits for You
« Current Program Status »
June 22, 2022
As work progresses on the Terminal Entrance Roadway Expansion Project, the next phase of work relocated the temporary entrance to the new permanent airport entrance from Abbott Drive. Motorists should follow the directional signs on Abbott Drive to navigate to the new airport entrance.
« Program Details »
The Terminal Entrance Roadway and the South Garage Modernization are set to be completed mid-2022.
Terminal Entrance Roadway Expansion
Renovations and upgrades to the Airport’s existing Terminal Entrance Roadway will include:
- New entrance with stoplights and improved signage will make accessing the Airport more convenient.
- Additional traffic lanes will add capacity and provide safe and efficient access for years to come.
- Landscaping and new lighting will enhance the overall experience for travelers.
South Garage Restoration
Restorations and upgrades to the ParkOMA South Garage will include:
- Express ramp will provide exclusive access to the new Premier Parking on Level 3 for the most convenient parking option with quick climate-controlled Terminal access.
- Energy efficient lighting and wider stalls will enhance safety and the customer experience.
- New signage and wayfinding will improve circulation, convenience, and efficiency.
What to Expect
- The Terminal Entrance Roadway and the South Garage Modernization are set to be completed mid-2022.
- The Terminal Entrance Roadway will remain open with occasional minor detours.
- The South Garage will remain open with periodic closures of certain floors.
- Try parking in the new North Garage with its convenient entrance off Abbott Drive.
Preparing For You
We’ve spent months coordinating with engineers and designers to plan and prepare for what OMA travelers could encounter during these projects.
Our goal is to make this as stress-free as possible for travelers while also making sure the work we do now sets Eppley Airfield up for future growth.
« Travel Tips »
1. Stay up to Date
Sign up for email updates and follow us on social media for the latest updates and changes.
2. Plan Ahead
When coming to the airport, plan ahead for any construction changes and give yourself plenty of time to catch your flight.
Quick Tip: From U.S. Highway 75, take the Arthur C. Storz Expressway exit and head south on Abbott Drive to park in the North Garage.
3. Experience OMA in Motion
Thank you for your understanding and patience as these changes are taking place. This modernization program is an essential step in OMA’s future.